Friday, January 2, 2009

There's a First Time For Everything

I have a couple of women in my life who blog. They also look a lot alike. They have encouraged me to begin this blog and I have...just to try it out and see what happens. I am a bit like my father and am uncomfortable with people knowing what I am thinking or feeling. But I am also like my mother and crave the camaraderie.
I used to write a lot. Then I had kids and writing was never a priority. I always thought someday I would write a novel and make millions, but no one wants to read about changing diapers and cooking dinner and doing laundry. Many years ago I started a list of things I never thought I would ever say, until I had kids. You know, things like "don't put your socks in the toaster oven". I mean, really. Do normal people even want to put their socks in the toaster oven? Someday that will be my book. That and the advice and help my mother has given me through the years about how to raise my kids to be great adults. But until then, I will try to write a blog and see if anyone finds it interesting.
I am most critical of myself. I will read and re-read this over and over to make sure I do not offend anyone, that my grammar is correct and my spelling pristine. I will try to make sure I do not ramble, which I have a tendency to do. I will try to keep it relevant and I will try to stay out of the past and grounded in today. I will try to stay away from preaching, but I'm not promising anything. I will try not to be condescending in my tone, though inflection is difficult to accomplish on a computer. I will try to keep up instead of writing twice every three months like I would with diaries and journals.
I named the blog Pandemonium and Harmony because that is what my home is like nowadays. Many times I have three kids going in three different directions at once and then the cat starts attacking one of the dogs and the other dog starts barking and my husband is coming home so I have to clean the kitchen quickly and the phone rings and someone can't find their homework and there is someone at the door and the dryer is buzzing and the dinner is burning. However, that is my harmony. That chaos, that craziness, is my peace. When the kids go to school and the husband is at work and I am alone in the house, I feel lost. Useless. Un-needed. Luckily they all come home. At once.
So I will try to fill you in on some of the more interesting things that happen in the Morgan House. Like the Christmas Tree falling over. Like the time the kids fought over the imaginary friend. Like the time I came home and had a new cat. or a turtle with 3 legs. or a tiny turtle. Or when my kid broke his foot the first time and the second time. I will let you laugh at my pandemonium, but I will also let you sample the harmony. Life is about balance, right?

6 comments:

  1. I just twittered about your new blog. You may get some traffic from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new blog and the name of your blog. That is perfect. I love what you wrote. I will ENJOY reading about the adventure's in WI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world! I am friends with Lisa and Lana.

    Oh my word... socks in the toaster. My nephew does that all the time and it cracks me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yeah, you have to tell the imaginary friend story, because that's a classic. Are you going to post pictures, too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very excited about this. You are really going to love it. I promise :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the life of a mother of 3 is an exciting one. You never know what is going to happen and you have to prepared for anything and everything. One of my favorite Morgan stories is Mike and the glass coffee table. I personally think you are an amazing person and can't wait to read the adventures of Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete