Saturday, January 3, 2009

Yesterday when I sat down and decided to do this blog thing I had so many ideas and notions about what this was going to be. Now I have recieved some encouragement and comments from those of you who actually read the blog yesterday. Now I am at a loss. Obviously I would not make it as an author. Now that I know people are actually reading what I have to say, I have nothing to say. Performance anxiety, perhaps? My kids suffer from it, too.
Kids...I could tell you about them, but that would bore you to tears. Every mother could go on and on about their offspring and no one would really listen. Maybe I will tell you about Pookai. He is not my child, but one of the many imaginary visitors we have accepted into our house.
Pookai (pronounced poo-ki') was Luke's imaginary friend. He thought of it first, since he is older. Abby caught on to this fun character and eventually adopted Laura as her friend. But that was not until after the fight.
Luke and Abby have always fought over anything they could. Sometimes they say they want something just because the other one wants the same thing. When they were very little, they had bedrooms that were right next door to each other. One night as we were putting them to bed, Abby heard Luke putting Pookai to bed. She came into his room and wanted to sleep with Pookai that night. Luke, of course, said that Pokai was his friend and he would be sleeping in his room. Abby was not going to have that! So in true Luke and Abby form, she stole Pookai and ran like Hell to her room.
Yes, she stole Pookai. She pretended to scoop him up in her arms and carry him to her bed. She was probably 3 or so. Well, Luke was not taking this lying down, even though it was bedtime. He ran into her room and stole Pookai right back! They went back and forth a few times while my husband and I tried to quiet them through our laughter. Finally, Luke picked up Pookai and stomped to his room. He laid him down in his bed and we convinced Abby that Pookai needed to stay there. So through the wall we hear Luke say that he has Pookai and that was that.
Abby said,"But I held on to his foot when you took him. So I get to sleep with his foot!"
Yes, she held on to an imaginary foot of an imaginary friend and as long as she had a part of him to sleep with she was OK. Luke decided it was OK if she kept his foot so that is how they slept. Luke with Pookai, Abby with Pookai's foot, and poor Pookai stretched between the two.
Only in my house...

4 comments:

  1. HA HA HA HA.. .that is hysterical. I was SO hoping you would tell this story since you made reference yesterday. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, see, if you did not post this, I would never have known about my nephew and niece's interesting imagination. That is hysterical. I have been laughing out loud, while reading this. Chris is thinking I am a little bizarre. Ha ha. Don't get performance anxiety... you have lots of good stuff, like this to share.
    LOVE IT! Hey, I saw your other comments, does Catherine have a blog? If so, I want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do miss Pookai. Talk about your kids--they are always good for a laugh. Gray lady? Donuts through the window?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No gray lady. That stuff is scary.

    ReplyDelete